Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Joy

Yesterday I took Natalie and 3 of her close friends to the mall for the day. They didn't have school due to conferences, which I skipped because Nat got all A's!! Once in awhile, I just have to announce that. I'm just so proud of her! And to plug our school shamelessly, I have nothing but positive things to say about her principal, her teachers, and the staff. At first I was nervous about the 7th and 8th being integrated into the High school, but my fears were laid to rest. They have no interaction with the older kids, and they are walked back and forth by a teacher when they need to be in another area of the school. It really has been a good change after all and Nat loves the building. Pastor Shannon still stops in for lunch regularly, and she loves hanging around with "Shannie", as they've dubbed him.

Anyway, the girls are all dressing up together for the costume contest at school on Friday, and I am taking them "treating" for Halloween. It will be the first time Natalie is excited about going! I absolutely love her friends, and I really enjoyed spending the day with them. It's like having a few extra daughters, which I love!

So while life can be daunting and crazy at times, involving dog poo and other surprises, life can be beautiful and full of joy.

Like I said, finding peace and contentment no matter what. THAT is my ultimate goal, and with God's help, I will get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...