Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Live. Love. Laugh. Pee

Although I wish my girls would stop growing up so fast, I find myself enjoying them more and more these days. No, I don't enjoy the increasingly messy bedrooms and tendency to want to stay up later and later. Girls do tend to be a bit sloppy, and it drives me a bit nuts at times! If I can't find them, I just follow the trail of socks, bookbags, hair accessories,and granola bar wrappers, among many other things. They are turning into preteens for sure!

Tonight we headed out to the front yard with the volleyball for a little fun. I've been working with Natalie on her overhand serve, and teaching Serena basic skills. Like every other game we play, it quickly turns to silliness. Serena is trying to memorize the names of the bones, so each time she got hit with the ball, I'd hear, "hey, that hit me right in the clavicle!" "Oh, no, my patellas!" Natalie had to add her version of it, of course, by saying "I hurt my coccyx and my phalanges!" It's all I can do sometimes to not pee my pants! They are so so funny. Serena told me that Coach Klofp is teaching them proper running techniques in gym, so of course, both girls were running around with their legs flying here and there, and hands flapping like bird wings. "How's this, Coach?? Pretty good for a girl, eh?? That Serena...she's a sidesplitter!

Last night's tucking in was even sillier. I went into Serena's room to tell her goodnight, and she hid all but her eyes under her comforter. When I went to kiss her, she darted her face out of the way, and kept doing it over and over until she was laughing hysterically. I teasingly kissed her feet through her blanket and pretended it was her face. This just brought more giggling. And I wonder why they have such a hard time settling down to sleep!

With Natalie I was using one of my best gorpy voices...all nasally and weird, then I pretended to get all tough on her and used one of her preteen phrases. Only, I got it wrong and it came out "I'm gonna zip your Z!" The actual saying is, "Don't make me snap my fingers in a "z" formation...." So, what did I hear all day today?? "Hey, be careful or mom will zip your z!!" Whatevs. LOL,gag me with a spoon...

So another easy laugh session is when I attempt to play the "Just Dance" Wii game. It's great exercise, but I really can't keep up.....at least not yet! The girls are pretty good at it, and like to do "The Bird" because it's super fast and has a lot of crazy moves in it. I personally like "Pump up the Jam" and I have to sing it too! Loudly and with feeling. Oh, to be a fly on my wall, right?

Oh, my crazy funny family. I can't think of a better way to spend my life than with them, laughing and well, peeing my pants. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun at your house. Do you make shadows in the dark like a dog, bunny, spider, buterflie? Somedays I wish I was still a kid.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...