Monday, February 27, 2012

The Circle of Life

In the last week, we've had so many ups and downs. Not necessarily all our own, but when someone you care about is going through a tough time, everyone who loves them feels their pain. One of our friends had an accident, a family member is having surgery today, and some of our church family is going through some tough stuff yet this week. I try so hard not to mention names out of privacy respect, but if you're a prayer warrior, you don't need names to pray! And you don't need all the details in order to care!

So I spent my morning prayer time praying for these needs, and realized how heavy it was making me feel. I had to stop and remember how very Big our God is, and that we are not to be burdened with these things. We are to place our hope, faith, and trust in His ability!! I ended my prayer being reassured that God is in fact in control and I don't need to worry. Whew!

Our weekend was so much fun with our basketball-wielding girls! Natalie's 8th grade team played in their final tournament and guess what?? They won! Coach presented them with engraved medals right after the game, having been the first middle school team in school history to have gone undefeated 2 years in a row. What an honor it was for all of our girls, who worked so hard for it. We then made another long trek to catch Serena's last game of her season. Serena played well and looked to be having a really good time. She towers over the other girls, and so she usually scores on her own rebounds! SO much fun to watch her smile while she's running down the court. Even better to watch her stop and pick up a fallen teammate. I love that she's learning about good sportsmanship so early. I guess she has a great teacher, her Coach-Dad! :)

After running around all day on Saturday, we took a much-needed break on Sunday. Steve cooked, Serena made dessert, I took a nap, Natalie played her guitar. The girls have been re-watching all of our old Disney movies, which has been really fun, and a bit of a reflection on our past. I walked past my dear family sitting on the couch watching The Lion King, and I flashed back on 2 little girls, fresh from their bath, sitting on Daddy's lap in front of their favorite movie. It's a bit different now, of course! Serena's almost as tall as her dad!

Life is good. It's a circle of ups and downs, but it's always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...