Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Undisciplined

A friend called me last night, nearly in tears. She went on to describe a situation that has been happening to her, and it mirrored the very thing I have been dealing with for months now. Same type of situation, same person even! It forced me to ask myself and God, "What are we supposed to do with this? What is wrong with this person? When will this go away?" I'm still scratching my head over it.

The truth is, people who are out of control, undisciplined, and "in the flesh" can make life miserable for others. Perhaps the most miserable person is the one committing the act in the first place. I have to remind myself to pray for this person, because if I didn't, my complete frustration may cause my mouth to run....undisciplined, out of control, and in the flesh. It's a trap and a test to have these people in our lives, it really is. But can we pass it, unscathed? That remains to be seen, that's why I can't do it without God. And neither can my friend, who is now the target of this other person's needless wrath and attacks. Whose lesson is this anyway...mine or this person's? Believe me, I'm trying to learn things, but I don't feel any better about it, and now others are feeling the same way. What a mess.

I had someone recently tell me that anger can be a good thing. It's what can empower us to take on an injustice, or a protection for someone else. If that's the case, I wonder just how it works when it's so personal. You can't write your senator, stage a demonstration, withhold support, etc... because you're dealing with a person you may see every day. It seems anything we do about it only leads to more attacks because you're dealing with someone who is being unreasonable. It feels like arguing with someone who is holding a gun to your head. You just don't do it.

So, I'm going to keep praying about this, and have faith that all of these things are happening so that this person can be changed. I have to have faith or I'd go completely nuts!

Ugh...so very frustrated today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...