Thursday, February 23, 2012

Life Salad

My life is like a salad. In fact, yours probably is too! So many ingredients, some sweet, some sour. Sometimes tasty, sometimes a bit off. I was just thinking of what to post and I have a little bit of everything. So here's my salad, in no particular order. It's a sweet salad today!

*Natalie turned 14 and we celebrated 4 days after with grandparents. I made her a neon green electric guitar cake and she loved it!

*The 8th grade girls scrimmaged the 8th grade boys yesterday. The boys have come a long way since their season..taller too. They won by 4 points and left with their egos intact. :)Fun game to watch.

*Natalie placed second in the "America & Me" Essay contest. She wrote about her Michigan Hero, who will remain nameless at this time. And no, it's not me. I will share later, with permission.

*Serena recently completed a school project, which involved making a book of regional recipes and presenting a recipe to her class. She made Southern Banana Pudding and it was a hit. She loves to cook and she bakes like a pro!

*Natalie is practicing singing with the book she got for her birthday. The exercises are pretty funny. I heard her doing them after 10pm last night and had to tell my little bird to get to bed!

*Serena tried out a new laugh at school and it was so ridiculous that her friend just stopped and stared at her. Serena said, "trying out a new laugh...what do you think" Friend says, "not working for ya". :)

* Natalie claims she laughs like me. So I tried in vain to disguise my laugh by laughing a bunch of different ways. We got to laughing so hard that Nat and I ended up laughing like crazy....exactly the same way!!

*Steve has been working and traveling a lot! Lots going on at work, so we try to make home a really upbeat place to be for him to walk into at night. It makes for some interesting stuff. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on our wall??

So that's just a bite of my Life Salad. At least for today. HAPPY chewing. Oops. Hit the cap lock. Hate it when that happens. I am NOT screaming at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...