Monday, May 19, 2014

Blessings from Burdens

My Sunday was the best in a long time as I was able to attend my daughters' spring concert! Because I shared my burden with you, you prayed for me, and I was blessed! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 
My oldest, Natalie, played in a sax quartet with two seniors and a junior. They played a beautiful version of Just a Closer Walk With Thee. Maybe it was just me, because it was my beautiful girl, but I felt healed at the end of that piece. I continued to feel healed as I watched my younger daughter playing on stage as well, watching her play in her royal blue polo amidst the high school black, the only middle schooler on the high school jazz band. I know how hard my girls work on their instruments at home. Hearing them harmonize blesses their dad and I so much. They have no idea how much we smile upstairs when we hear those saxes rip in the music room below. Our hearts overflow. This isn't the heart of a bragging parent... Though I don't mind if I do...it's the heart of a parent healed by the child. 
It's not just pride. It's joy! It's knowing that when your child finally finds a passion, and they don't have to fight for position, they just get to love what they love and do it as much as they want! They reap their own reward for hard work. They find joy in what they love.
And I find joy in what brings them joy. 
And that heals me. Praise God for the blessings brought about from my burdens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...