Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Busy/Bored?

I don't feel great. I can't drive. I'm not too much for visitors and the phone thing... Meh....SO.... Why am I NOT bored???

Because I don't GET bored! Never! For one thing, I'm pretty sure I'm an undiagnosed ADD gal because my mind goes ALL the time, top speed, all subjects, nothing off limits. Just trying to keep those thoughts organized keeps me busy! 

It's not just the organizing of my thoughts that keeps me from boredom. It's my quest to answer all those looming curious  questions zooming in my head non-stop. Who-when-what-and my favorite--why-why-why????? 

Thank God for Google is all I can say, or the encyclopedias (remember those?) would be worn out. I'll be watching a true crime drama on tv and suddenly I must know everything about the case! I see a city on tv I've never heard of and I find myself checking real estate! I hear a word, I must know the meaning! It will bug me until I find it! 

And we wonder..." Abnormal cerebral dysfunction". No, we don't. 

One thing I know is that as long as I'm curious, I will never be bored. My girls have been taught this concept their whole lives. Entertain yourself! That is the house motto! And of course, there is always work to be done...if you say you're bored, you're insulting your company... The list goes on. 

I enjoy my own company. I always have. I'm quite interesting to me. :) 
Being laid up for others may be torture, but for me, I'm making the best of a bad situation. God knows I know how to keep myself busy...now keeping myself out of trouble....hmmmm.... ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...