Thursday, May 1, 2014

Solid knowledge

I've spent too much time googling my medications, symptoms, etc... 

I know this because I've come across too many forums and personal blogs that are just plain scary or negative. It leaves me feeling fearful, nervous, and unable to sleep. In other words, big mistake. Huge. 

I am a seeker of knowledge, but occasionally I stray from solid knowledge into sketchy knowledge. It certainly is a waste of time and energy, and it hurts me in the long run. Why do I want to read about someone's horrible experience about the drug I take? That's crazy! 

It also brought some clarity to the level of things I want to share here. There's nothing fun about any illness or condition. It does no good to sugarcoat a tough situation, and it does no good to be all doom and gloom. What helps me is when others are both honest and positive. So that's what I will attempt to do. There is also a line between genuine airing of concerns and downright complaining. I may do both! I am human after all... But my hope is to inspire, not turn others away with fear and negativity. 

So, I didn't have a great night last night for various reasons. One of them being my physical health. One thing we all need to remember when we know someone who is struggling with illness is that their illness is just one more thing to deal with! 

They still have jobs, mine being trying to keep the house and laundry going. I don't have a lot of energy! I also have two teenage daughters. Need I say more? Even the best kids give you gray hair, my friends. There are other people in my life going through things and I'm not able to help them. I'm sorry, it's just not fun!  I need to be reminded daily that " I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 ( life verse)

Being sick is never just about one symptom. And when you're part of a family, it affects everyone. All this down time can be a good thing or a bad thing. It's a daily choice to make whatever the day holds into something good or to make it a wasted day. 

"This is the day The Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
                                 Psalm 118:24


No more googling for me. From now on,  sticking to the solid knowledge in my Bible! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...