Saturday, May 17, 2014

Wishes

There is the saying, "Be careful what you wish for" for a reason. It's true. 

It wasn't too long ago I heard myself making "wishes"-

I wish I didn't have to get up early

I wish I didn't have to drive the kids to school today

I wish I didn't have to pick the kids up today

I wish I didn't have to clean this house today 

I wish I didn't have to ever get out of this bed today 

I wish I could sit and just relax all day

Until it's exactly what happened...

I couldn't drive, couldn't get out of bed, couldn't function enough to do daily chores, couldn't move out of that chair some days....

Not quite what I meant. 

Be careful what you "wish" for. And know that if you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed or busy in your everyday life, you just need to slow down a bit. Don't wish it away. I am anxious to get back to my life and being able to function in my full capacity as wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. 

And everyone who helped me will get the biggest best dose of my love. Those who didn't are gonna "wish" they did! 


1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

Interesting observation miss Jami. May God's face shine health on you. Blessings

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...