Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sticky Situations: Solutions

Here are some great scriptures for wisdom in overcoming "sticky situations". There are many more and as they come to me, I will share them later.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

Ephesians 4:2-3
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

1 Peter 3:16
Keep a clear conscience so that those who speak evil of your good life in Christ will be made ashamed.

Micah 6:8
And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Job 5:17
Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.

2 Timothy 2:16
Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

1 Corinthians 1:27-29
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.

2 Corinthians 12:9
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Looking for more? Check the concordance of your Bible....look up a topic and all the verses that go with it!

1 comment:

Jami said...

Hey Self,

I read the Bible too! I'm encouraged by the scriptures you chose. We should have coffee sometime!

Love,
Self

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...