Monday, June 22, 2009

My Kindred Spirit

My dear friend Patty just received word from the realtor.....the house is theirs!! They had been waiting for weeks and weeks, trying to buy a foreclosed home in the Vicksburg area. I am so excited for them. It's a beautiful house in a subdivision, but most of all, it's on Michigan soil!!!

She continues to raise her 4 kids while hubby is up here working at his new job, and it has been a lesson for me for sure! I depend on my husband for SO many things! She's had a lot of things happen that would put me into a tailspin. A car accident which totaled her van, a leaky basement, a lazy contractor, a deserted puppy on her doorstep, a flat tire, house showings, 98 degree weather, and the job of keeping all 4 kids safe and taken care of. Not to mention having her house carpeted and having to move all the furniture with the kid's help. You know me, I would probably be a shrew. God is working on my flexibilty, I'm pretty sure!! He continues to show me, through Patty, that life goes on and you can still enjoy life even when it's all a mess. It's all good, as long as you hang in there! I have learned more from her than I can tell you.

I am amazed by her perseverance, her attitude, her strength, and most of all, her ability to stay completely calm in a storm. My friends, I cannot wait to see her and to be able to spend time with her again. We always have a blast together, laughing until our sides split. That's when I'm most "me", is when I'm around her. I think sometimes we share the same DNA because we're so much alike. God certainly formed this friendship when we were just little girls.

I had gone online to look at the house they were trying to buy, and when I saw it, I thought to myself- they're going to get this house. So I went out to mapquest and printed out the directions, because I was sure we were going to help them move. When the realtor wasn't calling or returning calls, they withdrew the offer, as they need a house almost immediately. Suddenly, the house was theirs. I had been telling her that if God wanted them in that house, he would open the doors. They flew open!!

Well, enough gushing, I have a day to plan. Just wanted you to know I have positive happy thoughts on my mind again with the garage sale stuff behind me now!!

Vicksburg, here we come!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bovee said...

Congrats to you...and Patty!!! I completely understand that kind of friendship...Hannah and I are definitely 'two peas in a pod'...even if our lives are at different stages at the moment we really are kindred spirits!! So happy for you that you have such a special friend too :)

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...