Monday, June 15, 2009

A Woman on the Edge

Well, since life is not all about me all the time, I guess I 'd better tell you what we did all weekend first. On Saturday, we celebrated the high school graduation of Jessica, Steve's sister Sandy's lovely daughter. She had a tail gate open house, U of M style, fight song and all! It was decorated so beautifully and we had a super time. They had great food and games, and we visited with Steve's family, which we don't do often enough. Jess is an honor student and an all around wonderful girl, headed to U of M in the fall. We are so proud of her!

On Sunday after church we headed back to Mt. Pleasant to celebrate the graduation of another Oiler, Mariah! Mariah belongs to Steve's sister Cyndi, and is following in both her sisters' at U of M this fall as well. They are just a big U of M family, what can I say? Mariah is smart, beautiful and so very kind. The open house was a dessert extravaganza, which is always popular with my family. We visited with more family and enjoyed trying all the goodies. We are also so proud of Mariah!

Both girls have been a joy to watch as they grew up and to see the wonderful women they have become is such a pleasure! I am so glad that there are so many good role models for my girls to look up to. Those girls have set the bar very high!

Okay, so back to me now. You didn't think I could go without talking about me did you? I had one stinking migraine after the party on Saturday and ended up in bed. All of this stress of the garage sale and all has nearly sent me to the loony bin. So what did I do after Mariah's party on Sunday? Went home and began painting the garage at 7pm. I was a determined woman, throwing laundry in while I worked. After a very late night, I awoke this morning, determined to keep going. I was also trying to prevent my parents from carrying things up from the basement, so I tore into it as fast as I could. At least I got in a good workout, those 50 trips up and down the stairs!

So today I have been running in circles trying to get everything ready for the sale, and wore myself out. I started getting a headache late in the day, so I begged off VBS for tonight. Please don't be ashamed of me! I think I have proved that I am not superwoman and I can't do it all! I shouldn't even try, and I'm not proud that I do try from time to time!

Learn from me. Never bite off more than you can chew, and swallow before you take another bite. I don't often get myself into these pickles anymore, but this just kind of crept up on me and I went into overload! I may add that I don't accept help well either. That could contribute to my problem. It's not that people are knocking down my door, but when they do, I say, nope, I got it. Miss Independent. Miss Migraine!
I am ready to begin enjoying life again very soon! Sitting on my deck, hanging out with my girls, and riding bikes without a care in the world. Life is too short to be busy. Take it from me, a woman on the edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...