Friday, June 12, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I'm back for now, but boy, oh, boy, summer is in full swing already. This means we have our days planned for us for the next month (or so). I don't do "busy" well at all. I don't do "overwhelmed" any better! I don't like "adjusting to change" and "company picnics". I just threw that one in.... I certainly don't like having 3 events in the same night, and are expected at all three. I don't like parties when you're low on cash. I don't like "company picnics" when you're low on clothing and enthusiasm. We've all been there, and I don't think I'm a big meanie for feeling this way. I just don't like to feel pushed and pulled in all different directions, and then wonder where my time goes.

A couple of things happen to me in this situation. I lose my positive attitude (horror of all horrors), I become agitated and tired, I get snappy, and protective of my time. Added all together, you could call me a shrew. It's okay, go ahead and do it. I call myself one from time to time. My prayer life suffers, as my agitation makes it hard for me to clear my head and find my words. My walk is compromised because I would rather avoid people when I'm grumpy because I don't want to infect them with my nastiness!! Some days I can pull it together, but some days I can't. Welcome to life.

And so the busyness continues on and I'm doing my best to stay on top of all the things I need to do. So far, I'm making it by the skin of my teeth! In the middle of it all, we are having our previously postponed garage sale (thanks to lovely jury duty) next week. Did I mention I've been planning to paint my garage and stain my deck before that? Are you laughing? I think I can hear you. I'm just hysterical too.

I volunteered to help with VBS next week, not realizing my garage sale was going to end up in the same time slot. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to pull it off. The girls are doing a cookie stand, so guess who gets to bake for that? Guess I'll do that while making the dessert for the picnic at the girls swim lesson while helping at VBS.

Well, I am back and where have I been? We lost our internet service last Friday and just got it back today. sigh. The girls have been home for just a few days and my house looks like it's been ransacked after a tornado. Last night's dinner is still in its pot in the garage refrigerator, so I guess I better take care of that. We had to be at the ball field early to "warm up" before our DOUBLE HEADER (surprise!) so I didn't get the dishes done and came home too late to care!

Waah waah waah. Just thought I'd throw that in for good measure. Aren't you glad I'm back? Just keepin' it real, my friends. Hope you are too.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bovee said...

Oh Jami...i just love your honesty..it's so refreshing!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...