Thursday, July 30, 2009

Battliing, and the Will to Find it Funny

Sometimes life can chew a tiny little hole in your underpants on the coldest day in January. On that day, of course, you end up with a big frostbitten patch on your chair warmer. Then you can't sit for a week, you can't tell anyone why, and you wonder if it will ever go away.

This is a battle, and while we're not talking cabooses, something is definitely bugging my knickers.

How tough am I? Pretty tough, pretty determined, and battle-ready. Bring it on, underwear wrecker!!

Oh, in case you think I've finally lost my mind, I haven't just yet, but I'm always hovering! How I deal with certain things in life is a big ole overdose of sarcastic humor. Then I can laugh at how ridiculous I can be and I forget what's bugging me altogether. At least for a moment. I type it out, press "send", then I can go on about my day, knowing my vent is hanging in cyber world for some poor victim to read.

Enjoy your day, battles and all. Find the humor in all the butt splinters (yes, Mary, I said "butt") then move on to more important things. That is what I am about to do!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It is so scary how you say so many things I would say, don't tell my girls or Dave :)

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...