Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Meet Ozzy Tyre

Patty came for a visit today! While she used to bring all 4 of her kids to see us, now she just brings her 11 year old daughter, Regan, since the girls are all great friends, and frankly, we bore the boys to pieces. This time, she brought the new "baby" ! Ozzy adopted Patty, it wasn't the other way around. He just showed up one day, hungry and wormy, whining, and needy, with no one around. Of course, she doesn't need any extra stress right now with the move and all the car troubles, etc...., but he got to her heart, and she'll make it work if I know her!

Ozzy is part beagle and we think part black lab. He's a sweet little guy, named Osgood after the Red Wings goalie, apparently. Patty and I have been exercising, and really wanted to walk together today, since that's something we can't do being 11 hours apart. So, what kind of weather did we have today? That's right...constant pouring rain. Patty finally said, "so what! let's go!" So, we took Ozzy and a couple umbrellas and hiked it down the road. It poured and poured, but we're not the melting type, so it was fine. Ozzy apparently is a melter. The passing cars gave him a scare, so I picked him up and put him right into my sweatshirt, carrying all 20 pounds of him the rest of the way. He snuggled right in and trembled, just like puppies do. Patty took my umbrella and carried it over me and Ozzy all the way back, which was a challenge in itself! We couldn't help but laugh at ourselves, as usual. Then a lady drove by, and got us to laughing as she pointed at me with Ozzy and smiled a sweet smile. Then, my weird sense of humor kicked in and I joked about how people must think we're a "couple", walking our "baby"! Patty said, "oh, great, I have to be the guy holding the umbrellas while you get to be the nurturer!" That did it. I know my sides just split open right then and there!! She is toooo funny, that one. I am funnier around her too. We both notice that about each other. I guess that's how it is when someone really "gets" you AND your weird sense of humor!
So, here she is visiting, and I took 3 whole pictures and they were all of Ozzy! Oh well, like she said, every time we're together, we're making a memory. Who needs pictures?!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

that is so wonderful that you were able to make some great new memories with your friend! what a special time.
friends are great, aren't they!
11 hours away would be tough...but, it's a great feeling when you know you can just pick up where you left off the next time you're together!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...