Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Solemates"

I know I'm not alone in this... I absolutely can't stand it when socks come out of the dryer and have lost their mate along the way! I have my theories of why this happens, but they are ridiculous, so they will stay with me for now. At my house, when the sock bin overflows, whoever decides to mate the socks gets a dime for every successful pair. It's my way of getting a dreaded job done, and a bribe for the girls who think it's the easiest way to earn $40.00. C'mon now, I am just kidding about that amount....or am I? See for yourself!
It's been filling for awhile now, since no one wears socks in the summer. I guess I just told you how long they've been in there. Oh well, I have no pride as you can see. This is the label I made for my sock bin. I have a weird sense of humor. I just feel chores should be fun instead of work.


Whether your sock collection is in a bin or a giant laundry basket, I feel for you. I think maybe there should be sock mating parties instead of all this expensive stuff we don't really need. It would be great...everyone wears a pair from their bin, and brings the rest with them. Who knows, if you can't find a match, maybe someone else will have it! Oh, I can see it now....sockmatch.com. Women all over the world will be solving the great mystery of the missing socks. One day scientists will discover a great sock hole in the galaxy, full of mismatched socks!!
One day, maybe men will finally realize that having 800 pairs of black socks is what is driving their wives nuts! Oh, I am just sockin' it to you today, aren't I?
Life is meant to be enjoyed, and I enjoy life most when I can find the humor in every situation. I got up Sunday morning in the giddiest mood I 've been in in a long time. I was cracking jokes left and right, and as Steve put it, "I can't keep up with you today!" I don't know what set me off, but the whole day was just more enjoyable with that giddy spirit at work. If you can't find something to laugh at today, maybe you're not looking hard enough. Laughter is good medicine as they say, and I think an overdose is sometimes just what we need!! IV drip, anyone?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You make me laugh so hard sometimes!

I love your posts!

I actually enjoy doing laundry most of them time. I'm not a big fan of socks, but it's all part of it...I usually even fold them as I'm taking them off the clothes line...even hanging them up in pairs! I know...super crazy! But, it works for me. I usually only have D's socks though...I go barefoot 90% of the time...just have socks for my walking shoes.

Again, thanks for the laugh today!

Jennifer Bovee said...

My mom used to make me (and my sisters) fold socks when we were younger too...and of course we didn't usually do it until the basket was overflowing...and I thought it was the worst chore EVER...the scary thing is, I made my girls sort their socks the other day and I had a terrible flash back when they started whining about it! I knew exactly how they felt but...I still made them do it anyway!

Thanks for the laugh...I will think of you the next time we sort socks!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...