Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Monday

After a wonderful weekend of gorgeous weather, accomplished tasks, and fun family time, here comes Monday! It started out fine, getting up and making the coffee, chatting with Steve a bit, and seeing the baby turkeys...had my Bible out, ready for study.....

Then I heard Steve exclaim, "Awww....SOPHIE!" Then he walked into the kitchen, hobbling on one foot, which could only mean one thing....a "Sophie mine". Yup, pooped right there on the living room rug. Quite a sizeable amount as well. Oh, dog ownership. Right up there with homeownership, and every other ship I sail. Evidently our conversation about what God wants for marriage was too threatening for the enemy. He's clever, but I am determined. He has a fight on his hands with this stubborn girl!

But that wasn't enough...the toilet decided to torment me as well, sending me running for the plunger. I tried my own will on it....demanding it to "go down!!" I even gave it my commanding stare. Obviously, I got nothin' on that toilet. It's still waiting for my next move, apparently, as it's still just sitting there, mocking me. "Whaddya gonna do next, lady?" Well, we have 2 other bathrooms, that's what I'm gonna do!!

Distractions. They come in so many different ways! I thought it was very telling of Pastor Shannon to talk about distractions in church on Sunday. I am the queen of them. I was so distracted during church, I had to work at listening. So it is for today, a day of distractions, which will NOT stop me from my original goal. A firebomb or stray lightning bolt will just have to strike me as I go about doing my Bible study and any other thing I need to get done today.

I must be a formidable opponent for the enemy, as he has tried many crafty ways of taking my focus away from God. Too bad for him, I don't sway easily.

So, happy Monday. I have to get back to that toilet. AFTER I do my Bible study.

Be blessed today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...