Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Photo Journeys

I take a "photo journey" about once a day if I can. I've always been interested in photography, and took some photography classes at Mid several years ago. It's been my escape, my outlet for creativity, and of course, a way to capture my life in pictures. There are few pictures of me because I'm always behind the camera, and of course, everyone always expects ME to take the pictures at all the family functions. Maybe just once someone will think to snap me with my family one day so I can prove I was there!!
Can it be? A turkey in a tree? I wandered over to the river bank to see what I could see, and much to my glee, saw a turkey in a tree. (raised on Doc Seuss, sorry)
There is nothing like a toasted marshmallow, pretty coals, and a quiet night.
Except for maybe family to share it with! Sophie had her nose right up by the chocolate. I raised her well, didn't I? The girls are in their jammies, fresh from the swimming pool, and we lured daddy over with the promise of a s'more.

The last light of day peeks through the wild grape vines that hang on an old oak tree on our property.


Chickadees are one of my favorite birds. They are so sweet and tiny, landing so close as I fill their tray.
Thanks for coming with me on my photo journey! There will be more to come as more life moments unfold around here. Take a minute and look around you today and try to find one thing that wasn't created by God. It will be a challenge, because HE made everything!! Enjoy it while you're here and keep your eyes on beauty. It is everywhere.




2 comments:

Kim said...

I do love all your pics and the words that follow, Kim

Jennifer Bovee said...

Thanks for sharing your photo journey with us ...I LOVE your pictures...not to mention your clever captions :)

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...