Monday, October 5, 2009

A Change is Coming

I am a card-carrying, self-professed lover of all things Fall!! The colors, the air, the coziness, the frost, pumpkins, apples, donuts, scarecrows, orchards, roadside stands, etc.. you get the idea.

The trees surround my house in a rainbow of fall colors, mixed in with the green of all the white pines...it's so gorgeous here in the woods. I'm a bit like a squirrel, as I get into a bit of a scamper mode, trying to get the harvest in, trying to get the lawn stuff put away, and planning for next spring. So much to do. And yet, in a few months, sooner than we think, the leaves will fall, the woods will sleep, and it will get very very silent here in the neighborhood. Ahhh....I almost can't wait. Weird, I know.

I am a type of person that kind of needs a forced slow down. I am always doing something and find it hard to take time out to just enjoy life. When my kids were home sick from school, I wondered why I enjoyed it so much. It wasn't that I wanted my kids to be sick, it's that I sat with them for the whole day. I watched movies with them, read them stories, folded warm laundry while they rested their feet on my lap. It was a quieting time for me and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else, no matter what I should have been doing chorewise.

So, I have been forcing myself to take some time out each day to do something deliberately relaxing. I began watching a movie today, but I didn't finish it. Hmm....tried to read a bit, but the sun was shining, so I moved on to something else. Hmm... I know this is weird, but the relaxing thing I did today was a 45 minute cardio workout. I felt super great and relaxed afterwards, then took a hot shower, using all my stinky bath stuff I got for my birthday. Super relaxing.

Yes, I do know how, I just sometimes don't know when. I hope to figure this out soon, because relaxing does feel pretty good.

How do you relax??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...