Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hello, Deer

The day I canned tomatoes, these little visitors came sneaking out of the woods into the yard. I snapped these through my bedroom window...I actually took about 15 shots. Dad asked me why I took so many, and I told him I would take 100 pictures to just get one good one! That is dedication!

And speaking of dedication, do you have a hobby? Something you enjoy doing alone or with others? I used to be pretty serious about scrapbooking, but building this house made me stop for about 4 years now. I know, it's sad.

However, something in me is awakening again, and an opportunity to scrap among friends has arrived!! Jenn Bovee and I are putting together a scrapbook day at the church on Saturday, November 7th from 9:30 am- 3:30 pm. We are very excited!!

What would be even more exciting is to see you there! Whether you scrap or not, I always look at these things as an opportunity to learn. If I didn't feel creative, I would just take my photos and spend the day organizing and labeling them, putting them into books. While I worked on that, I visited and enjoyed the creativity of others. Sometimes it's more about the fellowship than the layouts. At least that's the way I look at it.

So, you don't have to be creative or even a scrapbook nut to come. You can scrapbook so many things besides kids! You can do travels, wildlife sightings, hunting, friendship, family, favorite things, blessings...the possibilities are endless! Like quilting groups, scrapbookers tend to form a close bond with one another. It's a good thing!

Do I have you hooked yet?? I'm not even sure I'm hooked all the way yet, but I will be there with bells on, and I will enjoy the day. I've invited my uber-creative friend, Patty....pray she'll make it. Hey, all we need to make it even better is for HANNAH to come too!!!

Have a great week, my "deers".....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...