Friday, October 16, 2009

Creepy Crud

Well, the dog has healed for the most part, but now both girls are sick. We're not sure exactly what they have, but we're hopeful that it isn't the dreaded H1N1 virus. There has been one case in our school so far. Pretty scary stuff. However, God is watching over them, we are sure of that.

I have been quite the nurse these past 2 weeks, which sometimes makes me wonder if I haven't missed my calling. Although having sick kids can be stressful because you're always worried about the fever spiking in the middle of the night or worse, I do enjoy taking care of them. They love the constant attention, special trays, getting to use a straw, and the surprises I bring them. They are enjoying being pampered, although being sick really isn't all that fun. I keep their "charts" nearby so I can track every medication dose, every temperature, and any other info. I might need. Since I wasn't feeling too well myself these past couple of days, Steve worked from home again, and made the popsicle run this morning.

Of course, this couldn't have better timing, as I'm doing the photo shoot for Cassie tomorrow, plus Patty and family have arrived from Vicksburg for a visit. She is staying about 4 miles from here, which is a safe distance from our germs, I guess. I've put together a goodie basket for her and her family, which I will probably spray with Lysol and leave outside my door for her to find!

So, that's what's going on in my world today. I hope you are feeling well and your kids (if you have them) can escape the creepy crud going around. I'll be praying for all of you to stay well and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...