Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Fever

The leaves are falling, the ladybugs are crawling, but all is well because no one is bawling. Do you see what happens when I don't get a good night's sleep? Silliness all day, that's what. I had strange dreams of friends singing on PBS specials, their mouths looking larger than their heads...these dreams just get weirder and weirder. I thought I heard a terribly loud noise sometime around 2 am, so I was pretty much awake from then on, just dozing from strange dream to stranger dream. Since I'm not on medication, I have to wonder if it's a pumpkin overdose.

Because of my love of all things Fall, I am obsessed with pumpkins. That's right....I can't get enough pumpkins. I have the real thing lining the front sidewalk, pumpkin candies in the candy dish, pumpkin flavored pudding in the refrigerator, pumpkin decorations all over the house, and then my new obsession... I call it Pumpkin Cappi-Latte, my coffee combination of powdered french vanilla cappuccino mix with Pumpkin Spice Latte mix. Add hot skim milk, and there you have it. Another way to enjoy pumpkin. I also put pumpkin pie spice in with my coffee grounds in the morning. Add to that a piece of pumpkin bread or a pumpkin muffin, and wowie!

I have a mean pumpkin cheesecake that blows the socks off my family, I have pumpkin recipes galore and I love them all. I can't wait to carve some pumpkins just so I can roast the seeds. Have I gone far enough yet? I think you get the idea, my little pumpkin.

And speaking of my "real pumpkins", they are still asleep! No school for the rest of the week due to all the creepy cruds going around. I haven't gotten it yet. Maybe it's because of my pumpkin intake!! :)

Enjoy your day, enjoy the fall, and please, enjoy the pumpkins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love all the pumpkin ideas!! Your a hoot Ms. Jamie, I have a houseful of kids too. Two of them are watching a movie until the sun comes up. Then watch out!!!! We may have to carve pumpkins..

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...