Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ozzie and Patty: The Next "Marley and Me"...

First a Sophie update....then some amusing things to share about my friend Patty and her new puppy, Osgoode (Ozzy). Sophie is doing well. I gave her a much needed bath yesterday, and I probably won't go into great detail about that. Let's just say it was an interesting experience. She's still a bit wobbly, but able to walk on her own, go to the "bathroom", and her begging skills are top notch! She's looking and smelling better every day.

Patty is coming up here Friday and Saturday, so we've been chatting a lot this week. It seems Michigan has not been as friendly to her as she'd hoped. Her experience at the DMV was less than successful....she walked in to get her new license and plate, carrying nearly every piece of I.D. she had. After waiting for a very long time, she was told they also need her marriage license. So, back home, back to the DMV for another long long wait. That was Monday. On Wednesday, she attempted to use her bank for the first time. She asked to get a bank card in her own name, as the only one they had was her husband's. Nope, the teller says, can't give you one. Why? Your husband has to be here too. What?? Okay, then just cash this check for me. Sure. I'll just have to charge you $10 to do that. What?? The lady was less than friendly and less than helpful, leaving my dear friend in quite a frazzle. The whole reason she needed cash was because she and her new friend, the neighbor, were taking the kids to a pumpkin farm after school that day. So, her new friend offers to let Patty write her a check and she would just cash it and give her the money. Problem solved. Except that it didn't quite work that way. Patty brought the cash home, put it on the kitchen counter, then left to run some more errands for the day. She came home to her son saying, 'mom, I don't think Osgoode (the puppy) wants you to go to the pumpkin farm today'. Why is that? Patty asked. 'well, I found your money all chewed up all over the floor'. Oh....where is he? Looking at her from his comfy perch on the living room chair, where he is not supposed to be.

Sure, she wanted to wring his neck, but after all the hassle she had gone through that week, all she could do was laugh! Yes, laugh. What else can you do?? So, she and the friend went BACK to the friend's bank and traded the shredded money in for new. Patty has quite a sense of humor, and when used on strangers, it sometimes flies over their heads. She said to the helpful teller (where she will now move her account), "I was planning on taking Ozzy to the pumpkin farm, but I'm not taking him now" (she was just kidding) The lady says back, "well, I wouldn't take him either!"

This is just one of the Ozzy stories, and just a couple of the Michigan stories she has shared with me so far. Through it all, she manages to laugh. Of course, I can't wait to hear what happens next because I can always use a good laugh!

Enjoy your day and remember to laugh through the hard times. Next time you need a good laugh, ask me about the bath experience with Sophie. That's if you have a strong stomach. :)

1 comment:

Princess, Daughter of the King said...

DMV's...there all the same, no matter what state you go to! When I moved to the Keys I had to go back and forth 3xs to get it right! And I'm not married, yet! :)
The girls pics below are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...