Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TV and Me...A Reality

Last night's American Idol was pretty surprising. I don't think I've ever seen such passion and energy coming out of the contestants. They are really taking this seriously! I have a standout favorite, ever since the first audition, and that would be Danny. I love music with soul, and he definitely has that! The judges thought he was great too. I can hear him on the radio, and I can see his CD sitting on my dashboard. He's stinking good, folks.

I am being pretty mellow this season, I think because I feel they chose at least a few who have promise. No Sanjayas, no Willliam Hungs! I have to say there are at least 4 who I don't think are going to go very far, but will get votes because people like them and they are humble! Who doesn't love a humble person??

The song choices were all Michael Jackson picks, which I didn't necessarily agree with. I think something more current is a much better representation of the different voices, and Michael has really lost his grip with reality. Sad to say.

I really don't know what to think of Adam. He's a little over the top and a bit theatrical for me. I would expect by his rocker look that he would have that throaty, gritty voice, but he sounds a bit more like Rosemary Clooney. I know, it's weird. Maybe I should clean out my ears. Or his.

I like the 16 year old purply haired girl a bit, but she's just plain goofy. I don't think her music is something I would run out and buy, but then, I'm not a teeny bopper. I think her mouth is made of rubber and she never seems to make sense when she speaks. She definitely has some pipes. She just needs to pull it together.

Speaking of goofy, there's Megan Corkrey, who sang "rockin' robin", not one of my favorite songs. In fact, I just despise it. She didn't make me love it even a pinch. She's quirky and strange, and her voice is like talking, smiling,singing all at the same time, which is so confusing to me. She's a beautiful girl, that's for sure, but can beauty make up for a weird voice? I don't think so.

I like Alexis Grace, the tiny little blonde, but she definitely oversang last night. I was turning down my volume, and she looked like she was in pain at the end.

Lil Rounds is outstanding, however, the song she chose did nothing for her amazing voice, and white pleated pants? Are you kidding me? I hope she sticks around, because I think she'll be in the finals! Hopefully they will get her a better stylist.

I also like the piano guy from Kalamazoo, but since singing a super rendition of "Georgia on my mind" at the auditions, he hasn't blown me away yet. He's got some major talent, although he's a little Justin Timberlake for me, and I'm not so into the boy band style.

The others who sang were not all that memorable for me, not even Scott, who is visually impaired. I think this guy shows some definite courage, but I don't think he's that great of a singer. I think the two going home will be Anoup and Jorge. We'll see if I'm right.

The judges are keeping it interesting. Paula seems very normal. Well, normal for Paula, and I actually like the new judge, Kara. Simon has been his usual self. I may not care for his delivery, but he is usually on the money about what he is saying. He gets away with it because he's Simon, I guess. I would like a "simon" pass sometimes.

I watched Dancing with the Stars on Monday night, well, I flipped through it while on DVR, and I have to ask one question....who are the stars??? Melissa from the Bachelor?? Hello, 5 minutes of fame and now you're a star?? I think that show is desperate!! While I enjoy the dancing, I really wanted to see real stars, so it's a disappointment. I may only watch until Max is off, because he's just a real live cutie.

Oh, don't judge me! Where there is music and dance, there I will go. Don't hate me because I love culture. Hate me because I have DVR and you don't. TEE HEE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...