Friday, April 8, 2011

Fourth Time Is A Charm?

We got the call a couple of weeks ago that my wedding ring was finished at the jewelry store. So, again we made the trip into a neighboring town to pick it up. We were also expecting 3 other rings to be done as well, so the girls were excited about getting their "Tenth birthday" rings back, sized and repaired.

Shouldn't I know by now that nothing I plan ever turns out exactly the way I want it to?? We arrived at the store and requested our order, then found out that only 2 rings were completed. My wedding ring and another ring Steve gave me early on in our relationship. I was disappointed for the girls, but excited to finally get my wedding ring back where it belongs!

Steve gave me my sapphire, then pocketed my wedding ring to give me later. He wanted to do it up right! I waited for a whole day, knowing that evening he was going to "pop the question", and wondering what he was going to do. Well, he's a simple, no-nonsense kind of guy, so I really didn't expect bells and whistles. What I got was far better.

I was making my way out of the kitchen and he was coming in. The girls were sitting at the table, chatting about digital drums. Suddenly, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and began his proposal. Right in front of the girls! He wanted them to see what they missed the first time, I guess! I thought it was sweet that while I had these notions of us being alone and all romantic (romantic lush that I am), he wanted it to be a family event. What happened next was also an event.

No, I still said "yes", but when he went to slip the ring on my finger, it didn't fit!!! The jewelry store forgot to size it! Ugh! Not again! So, back in the pocket went my ring, and we're going back to the store on Saturday for yet another try! The girls will be in Toledo all day Saturday, so the "proposal" this time will surely be just the two of us! Probably in the car on the way to Sam's Club, but who cares, right??

After all, in my life, the fourth time is a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...