Monday, April 4, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

Yawn.....I did that all day today, and you know why? Lightning. Snakes. Dying cell phones. Sophie. What a rough and sleepless night I had last night! Between the constant lightning, I was having bad dreams, then waking up to my dog trying to move around, and the "beep beep beep" of Steve's distant but dying cell phone. Ever have a night like that? Like sleep is some foreign concept to your body? Peace that never seems to come?

So, I basically slumped my way out of bed and nearly bumped into my own cup of coffee, which was being held out to me by my loving and knowing hubby. I think I mumbled a meek, "thank you" to him before I began throwing on some old running pants to wear in my mom bus on the way to school. The night before, I had taken a shower and I was so tired I didn't even comb my wet hair. It was a mess of waves and kinks this morning, and of course, I didn't have a stitch of makeup on. Luckily the dog remained asleep so I didn't have to deal with her first thing. All I wanted to do was get the kids to school, come home and try to wake up a little so I could get some things accomplished. Well, who do I think I am? A princess?

As I was pulling up to Natalie's school, the dreaded sentence came. "Mom, I think I forgot my gym clothes!!" The child was in a panic, as she always is when she forgets anything. "I'm gonna have to sit in the detention room!" Ugh. Here I go. All the way back home. Put on some makeup. Fix the hair. Find some clean jeans. (didn't happen) Hope the dog doesn't wake up and need to go out. (she did.) Fly (obeying all the laws, of course) back to the school, go inside, track her down, then go the nearly 10 miles all the way back home. Groan.

That would have been too easy, so I threw in a trip to the store for some laundry soap. I was out, of course, that's why I was wearing my cruddy old running pants in public. So, what happens? I had to go to the bathroom (from all that coffee), I looked awful (even after the primping), so why not run into an old friend, right? Well, I gotta say, I haven't seen this person in many many years, which was more than fine with me, so I did a bad thing. I stayed on my own side of the store and made a beeline for the register, getting out of there before this person spotted naughty ol' me! Actually, in my state of mind, I probably did him/ her a very big favor!

So, that was my Monday. Coulda been better. Coulda been worse. Just another crazy day in my unpredictable neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...