Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekender

Saturday was a busy full-of-tiring-but-fun stuff. First we drove to Perry for District 5 Band Solo and Ensemble. Natalie and Grace played a wonderful couple of duets, which won them a rating of "1", which is like getting a blue ribbon! If my computer worked the way it was supposed to, you would see a photo of two beautiful smiling girls with medals.

On the way home, we got a call from an old friend, requesting Natalie's presence. The Whittums were in Midland on church business, and they were hoping to have Natalie come and hang out with Emily. We haven't seen Em in 2 years! Needless to say, the girls were excited to get together, and like always, they just pick up where they left off on their kindergarten-born friendship. Natalie received probably the best compliment she's received in a long time, when Em's mom told us that the only time Emily smiles that big is when Natalie is around! Aww...we so miss Em around here too. I am so glad it worked out for them. Nat really needed to spend time with Em!

I am so grateful that Natalie has such genuine friends. It sure is a rarity these days. Don't even get me started....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...