Friday, August 22, 2014

Chipmunks and Me

Last night I was building  a fire for our "tube steak" dinner. I walked out behind the shop to the woodpile and there sat a chipmunk on a piece of wood. As I approached he just sat there looking at me. I thought for sure I would scare him off so I kept walking toward it but still he sat there doing his little chipmunk thing. 

"Excuse me!" I said to that chipmunk loudly. It sat. "Hey!" Satisfied that it didn't think I was a tree, I just walked right past it and it finally darted off-but not far. I kind of made "chirpy" sounds at it as I walked past. I don't know why. I have a weird sense of humor or love of nature kind of mixed together. 

Two things here that I learned. One-I don't know if chipmunks are becoming more human-like or I am becoming more animal-like since living in the woods. 
Two- who says "excuse me" to a chipmunk?? 

Anyway, in light of the heavy news stories and the burdens of the world, I want to share some of the lighter things in my life for awhile. The core of me is a fun-loving, spontaneous, witty, clever, funny person. I need to get out once in awhile! This illness can take some things, but nobody touches my funny. Nobody! :) 

Have a good day and take time to laugh and play! 

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...