Thursday, August 7, 2014

Drive

On April 3rd of this year I was told not to drive until I was cleared by my neurologist. Can you imagine not being able to drive? We still had 2 months left of school, track practices and meets, guitar lessons, and that's just school stuff. Hair cuts, doctor's appointments, friend's houses, grocery shopping, and on and on I could go! 

Let's just say not being able to drive was more of a hardship on Steve than me. He was running himself ragged most days, late for work, rushing home from work, sacrificing time to give to these things that are usually my duties as a mom.  He's been doing all of the grocery shopping himself, but I should mention he has always enjoyed grocery shopping! He loves to cook, so he enjoys picking out his own ingredients. That part hasn't been so bad. I'm not sure I want that job back! Grocery shopping...yuk!! :) 

But today, I drove for the first time! The girls are helping their band director prepare for their week long band camp and needed a ride to and from town. I finally felt ready to do it, having stopped one of the drugs that zaps my energy so much. It felt great, and I smiled as my song came on the radio, "Overcomer", by Mandisa! I didn't sing along-I am still a little tired...but I'll get there again. 

So, you might be sick of your commute or your weekly grocery trip, but what if you couldn't do it anymore? I've learned to appreciate the mundane, ordinary tasks that I once took for granted. I never once dreamed that in the prime of my life I would not be able to do ordinary things! 

Seize the day. You never know what is right around the corner. Our days really are numbered and we need to treat them with care. 

1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

Seize the day.How true that is miss Jami
Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...