Sunday, August 31, 2014

Armor

"No good deed goes unpunished." Clare Boothe Luce said this, and although meant in her acidic humor, it holds some sad truth! 

At least in some ways anyway. One of those ways seems to be coming to light once again in my family. 

My "good deed", though not really "mine", is that I take seriously the conditions of the hearts in my family. I want certain ones to come to know Christ. If you are a Christian, that makes sense to you and you would support that. But I'm not dealing with that. I'm dealing with someone who is quite annoyed with my "interference", my praying, my Jesus, my anything they don't believe in or understand. 

Knowing my brother is in serious health decay and is facing open heart surgery that may or may not work sends a fear wave through me. Not because I may lose my brother but because I have been praying for him to change his life, reconcile his own family, and make his peace before he leaves the earth. I don't think his son is very understanding of my efforts. In fact, I think he's pretty angry with me. He doesn't understand that I'm not "pushing" God on his dad. I'm trying to love him. With some people you can't do anything right, that is certain. 

But it's the lost that have always confounded me and challenged me the most. The hearts that are hard, the eyes that are bitter and the eyes that refuse to see. I give this to God over and over and I do what he says, but sometimes what he asks me to do leaves me feeling beat up and persecuted all over again. 

I know, I know...the Bible is full of that. I just wonder how much more family I have to lose. How much more sleep I want to lose. This gets really old! Yes, Paul, in chains, old! 

I won't give up. It's clear the enemy is on a  high. Time to put the armor on and get back in the battle. It keeps getting closer and closer. From church, to friends, to now family. He's been busy, but we need to be busier. Time to speak life with our faith and not let my words give the enemy a foothold. I need to work on this. 

Thanks for listening. I thank God for this blog and those who read it! 

2 comments:

sirnorm1 said...

Father, in the name of Jesus, we bring our faith into line with Jami's for the salvation of her brother's soul and heart. We know that you love him and paid in full wit your blood Lord Jesus, all the transgressions of Tim's life. On that we rest and stand in the power of the Holy Spirit who is chasing Jami's brother's life with Holy purpose for his good. Thank you Lord that Jami can rest in your compassionate grace for her family. Amen and Amen.

Angela said...

Amen to sirnorm1's prayer Lord. I also in the name of Jesus pray against the enemy that is harrassing and attacking Jami and her familly. We pray God's protection over and around them in the name of Jesus. Let those darts of the enemy just bounce of your shield around her and the rest of her family. I join in prayers for the salvation of her brother. Open eyes and heart blinded by the lies of the enemy. Speak truth in the way only you can. Encourage Jami's heart that you are hearing her prayers and she will be blessed for her obedience to you. In Jesus name, Amen. Jami, I'm so thankful you write your blog. It's comforting to know I am not the only one living with a fractured family where Truth in Christ is the dividing line. God bless you richly.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...