Thursday, November 13, 2014

Grief Stuff...because I'm honest

I just read on an on online grief support group that siblings are the most overlooked when dealing with the loss of a sibling. The focus is on the spouse, children, and parents. 

We have a history with our siblings that no one else shares and we may carry our grief a bit longer than "normal" because we don't get the comfort we need. 

Interesting. The most support I have received has been obviously through my own flesh and blood family, my husband and daughters, my close friends, online friends, but some people, a very large close group, in fact, are glaringly missing.

That hurts. 

Just needed to express that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...