Thursday, November 20, 2014

Value

I'm going to TRY to get off the grief train for all our sakes...just a bit, if I can make it.

A few months back, dear hubby received one of a few prestigious awards given at work. It was quite a shiny bauble. He brought it home, showed it to me, and told me of its significance. It was neat how it reflected the light, looked all "important" and stuff. :) He stuck it back in the box and I think I put it in our home office on our desk because it was probably in the way in the kitchen, as most wayward things become.

A few weeks later, he came home from work and said, "Hey, I need that box. The boss wants to know why I don't have that on display in my office. I said, "Oh, okay, let me go find it." " Too funny, right? A few days later he brought it back home and said something about, "The new office won't have walls anyway, what's the point of having stuff like this around? I can't have my family pictures anymore, so why have this around?" I laughed, because it's so true!

So I took it back out of the box, and I stuck it in our bookcase on a stack of books just because it kind of looked cool there. But then I began to add more stuff to the bookcase like my nephew's new senior picture, and now a nice picture of my brother and his son. Guess what? Those family pictures have covered up that bauble. We can't even see it behind all of those precious rewards of family pictures.

I guess they should have let their employees keep their walls. Maybe then they would see what they really value in life.

Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...