Saturday, December 20, 2014

Strep Throat and Christmas

In our house, it just wouldn't be the Christmas season without some kind of sickness. :( 

I was up at 5:30 taking a temperature, and it looks like we will be heading into Urgent Care (our least favorite place). It's most likely strep throat. Sigh. Poor girl.

Hopefully we can squeak through the holidays and make all the once a year family gatherings. But I know how it goes... Been here before. 

We always have the best laid plans, but have to cut something, not do that last thing, miss out on something we wanted to do...always when it means the most to us.  We always give so much power to these last couple of weeks in December to "be Christmas" for us. As if the birth of Christ wasn't enough. We keep adding more and more "noise" to Christmas. 

But if we stop and really think about it, Christmas is quiet. Except for the exclaiming, it was a night of quiet wonder. It was peaceful. Now I don't want to miss seeing my family because someone is sick. That won't feel peaceful. In fact, missing out on seeing my brother's boys would be downright disappointing. 

So what to do? Because of that babe in the manger on that peaceful night, this crazed mother, worrying about fevers has a place to go with her concerns! It's prayer time! 

2014 has been a year wrought with challenges, almost since the day I hung the January calendar. And maybe it wants to go out that way too. I will be glad to see it go! 2015 is welcome to arrive with the theme I am giving it: Hope and Healing. Bring it on. 

Blessings! 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Healing prayers for all!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...