Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Testing 1-2-3

I survived! I stayed awake ( just barely at times!), made it through my EEG ( not ECG), and got my event recorder.  My secret to staying awake? Drink lots of ice water and eat oranges. That works until you realize you're in the bathroom every 15 minutes. And I'm sorry to the technician who spent all that time hooking me up only for me to ask if I could use the restroom. Yeah, every trick has it's drawbacks! 

Praise God- my other tests last week came back normal! I'm sure these will too. I'm getting the biggest ones aced! 
Today I got my heart event recorder. I'll wear that for a week, pressing the button only when or if my heart does it's "thing". Steve tried to test it already. He gave me a kiss and then said, better press that button.... ;) that button will be worn out! Haha 

When all the tests do come back normal as I hope they do, the question will be--what IS going on? I feel like my doc is fully engaged and committed to figuring this out. He didn't just jump to conclusions or use the ever-ready excuse used on women in their mid-40's-"it's hormones. Get used to it". One way or another, I'll get answers and healing. I assured God that whatever it is, I won't be a big whiny baby, but I'm willing to use it for good. I'm not saying "bring it on". I'm saying "I'll do it if it's Your will." Use me. And maybe it's easier to say that on this end of the test results...

Thank you for praying for me, Angela and "Sir Norm", and to my close friends and family. It has given me such peace to know you have lifted me up in what has been a really trying time. 

God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...