Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy Body

I haven't been posting because I am super busy! I have been painting Nat's room since Friday...you all know what a big ordeal painting can be! I cleaned her carpet today, and tonight Dad hung her new chandelier! Her room is so crisp and clean with its new color. Sorry, no photo. You'll have to imagine it all. It's a soft ice aqua color on the walls, her bedding is a darker version of the same color, and we have pops of bright green for that youthful excitement! We're using Paris and her love of fashion design as our inspiration. Tomorrow I will work on getting some letters cut out of vinyl for over her bed. We think "C'est La Vie" will do. I will double check the spelling, of course. I wanted "French Fry", but it was shot down by the teenager.

I've also been busy running Serena to the orthodontist. She started treatment a couple weeks ago. Today she got her expander put in. I get to tighten her expander with a key each night. She's my little Frankenstein! She slurs her "s's" and can't say certain words well. We were pulling into McDonald's for a shake and she said, "I'm going to shound so shilly at school tomorrow." I responded, "Oh, you won't shound shilly at all!" Our whole family is now talking with a lisp and an obvious slur. Lucky girl, eh?

Steve's taking a couple days off this week, and we're looking forward to hanging out a bit. His reorganized position has increased his load and his stress level. People always want success, right? But it comes with a high price sometimes. Be careful what you wish for!

My body will continue to be busy this week as I try to catch up on all the jobs that slid while I worked on Natalie's room. Isn't that just the way it goes when you're trying to accomplish something? Ten other things are piling up!

Sorry I'm not so funny today....must be the paint fumes!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...