Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello? S- Word??

Sunday was the official Vernal Equinox. I prefer to call it that instead of the popular "S" word so many people dare to utter in March. Please! If you've been here long enough, you should know better than to pull out your "S" clothes, shoes, or lawn furniture until at least June. June. When we can still expect a freeze or two!

Well, it may be officially "S" word, but tell that to my poor tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils. Tell it to my crabtrees. Tell it to my poor kids who long to go barefoot! They're just not feelin' it!

Of course, there are winter storm warnings for tonight and tomorrow. See, I can use the "W" word because it's still winter, at least in my mind. The electric blankets are still on the beds, Sophie still shivers after coming inside, and we're still huddling under blankets while watching TV. And now we await another storm. Snow...ice...typical Michigan fare for March, positive attitude or not!

Natalie will get me for this, but the other day her dad caught her lying on her bed in her bathing suit. Not so weird...the sun was shining brightly on her as she read her book! Maybe we should all take a hint from Natalie. Spring is wherever you make it. Whatever you do with it. However you're feelin' it. A calendar can tell us what day it is, but our minds can be anywhere in any given moment.

So now I must go. My "plane" is waiting. I'm "going" to the Bahamas right now!! I'll bring you back a little umbrella...for your rainy days!

Happy "S" word, my positive but misguided Michiganders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...