Friday, March 25, 2011

Winter Spring Summer or Fall.,..which is it now??

I posted just recently about complaining, so clearly, I can't say anything about our current weather situation. Hence, the absence from my blog lately.
You know, if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all? Yep. I've been soooooo quiet lately. I also love any excuse to use the word "hence". It makes me feel so nerdy and delicious.

So, the girls are getting haircuts tomorrow with the amazing Miss Nikki. I love any opportunity to give Nikki props. In the current times of girls wanting to do everything but wear their natural hair, Nikki goes against the grain! Serena used to be so discouraged about her natural waviness in her hair. We tried everything! Nikki simply encouraged her to learn to love her natural locks and to work with what she has because it is beautiful! While Natalie began to be impressed by her classmates getting perms and highlights, Nikki refused to encourage her. She pointed out the beauty of Nat's natural wave and sun-kissed highlights, telling her there was no way to improve upon it! While Nikki herself is stylish and beautiful, 10 years younger than myself (who isn't??), she is a big believer in working with your own natural beauty. I love that concept in a world that pushes beauty beauty beauty all the t-i-m-e time!

Serena gets her braces put on next week! What a way to spend "s-word" break, right? Well, we don't care that we're not going someplace warm. Go ahead and go to Florida. Spend all your money and come back tan. We will be here making smoothies and picking out pools. That's right! We're finally buying a "real" pool!!

Since we are avid "staycationers", we try to keep this place fun for our weekends. Ever since we sold our last pool, we've been wanting to get a nicer one. As PD would ask, "why??" Well, because the girls were finding it hard to truly swim in a cup of water! All those years of swimming lessons were being wasted. Not only that, but swimming is so good for every part of your body. My mom has wanted a pool for as long as I can remember. Well, now she will get one! Our pool will probably entertain lots of people, I'm sure. Anyway, we're excited!

Like any break, we just play it by ear, not planning too much as we go. I'm a bit impulsive and find that the last minute plans always turn out better than the pre-planned ones! We may take in a movie, do some shopping (dread...gag...i can't stand shopping!!), and cook some fun stuff! (oops...I think I complained....)

Have a great break or non-break....either way, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...