Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sit on the Lid and Laugh

In one of my brother's high school yearbooks, probably from the early 80's, a senior girl wrote something like this: "I'm the kind of girl who puts her troubles in a box, sits on the lid and laughs!" Reading that as a young girl, I didn't get it, but I always liked that saying. The girl's name was Beth, and she was tiny, with long blonde hair, cute, with dimples. Not the kind of girl who looked like she had any troubles at all. I'm sure her parents thought differently about that!

Today it reminds me of the many things around our house and car that are breaking down. Our shower head had been leaking buckets of water, so now we have to go into the basement to turn the water on and off to take a shower. We're waiting for the part to arrive, which was supposed to be here over a week ago. Tee Hee. Isn't that hilarious? Steve really enjoys the exercise he's getting by using those steps several times a week. We are just splitting our sides over this.

It's been absolutely freezing the past several weeks. What better time for a car heater to bite the dust, right? Oh, I am sooooo LOL, as the young folks say. (my daughter forbids us to use that by the way, so don't tell her)
But hey, Steve IS trying to lose weight, so all that shivering on the way to and from work is surely burning calories, right? Hardy Har Har is all I can say about that. I enjoy hugging a human icicle at 6:00 every night, who wouldn't? GLC.....giggling like crazy, Natalie.

Life IS funny when you can look at it that way. There are BIGGER things going on around us that are so much more significant. These little annoyances can be fixed with some time, money and patience. Some things just can't be fixed and we have to accept it. Those aren't funny at all. YET, believe it or not, joy is still there.... a post for another day.

So, just for today, I'm going to stuff my troubles in a big beautiful box with a shiny bow. I'm going to place it right there in the sunshine, sit on the lid and guffaw to my heart's content. And when the guys with the little white coat come for me, I will be absolutely bent over with insane laughter.

Thank you, Beth, whoever, and wherever you are today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the laughter :o)
What a great attitude!
Colleen

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...