Monday, January 5, 2009

Here I am

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy January 5th to all of you whose children have returned to school.
We had a wonderful Christmas after I recovered from getting very sick the weekend before Christmas. I recovered (sort of) in time to finish my shopping and wrapping, but I was exhausted throughout the whole holiday time.
We celebrated Christmas many times over a span of a week, and fit in many visits with friends and family. The girls had a great Christmas morning, and for us, it's always a blessing just to watch them come down the stairs! We cut way back this year and put the emphasis on time and not spending. I have to say, it really paid off. The girls are always happy with what they get, and we try to make it look like they got a lot of gifts by wrapping them in bigger boxes.
We spent more time at home playing games with the girls, which was a blast. My dear friend, Patty was up from Missouri, and I always enjoy our time together. Her daughter, Regan, stayed with us overnight and I learned she is just like her mom. What a riot! I can't wait for their move to Kalamazoo area in May. Gee, could Dow transfer us there?? It would be awesome. We've been apart for about 11 years now after spending nearly our whole lives together. It's hard.
We had a great New Year's Eve with Glen and Sara again. We tried out our musical talents with Rock Band, and played Apples to Apples. Of course, we ate and laughed as usual. Steve and Sara were tired, but Glen and I were bouncing off the walls at midnight. Guess it was the caffeine only he and I were ingesting. Next year, we will spike their beverages with espresso.
I also learned that you should not do "U-Dance" after drinking punch and eating 9 cocktail weenies. My first lesson of 2009. Just passing it on.
I spent the latter part of our vacation arranging sleepovers for my girls and having yet another Christmas with my brother, Jeff and his boys. Again, his wife was not able to join us, but we had fun anyway. Jeff brought the chocolate fountain, and we all enjoyed staining our clothes. The boys had fun playing with the girls, and Justin learned I am quite a contender when it comes to Candyland. I just wish we could see them more often. It's always hard to say goodbye. If I told you the story, you'd know why, but that may be for another time. All I know is that God has been moving people and situations in our lives and making wonderful things happen. Who needs gifts when you've got miracles? Not me.
It would have been an absolutely perfect vacation had it not been for the migraine I got first thing Sunday morning. It gained intensity and by 3:00, I was down for the count. I took everything I could think of, but it only upset my stomach more, so I just waited it out. I woke up this morning with less of a headache, but feeling very tired. I am just glad I can see the light of day again.
Today I will enjoy my quiet time, the sunshine, and the dog at my feet. While I have things to do, the day after a bad headache means quiet, relaxation, and recovery. All else will have to wait.
I wish you all the best in the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...