Sunday, April 27, 2014

Keepin' it Funny

I can feel clearly now, some fog is gone....

Today was the last day of the super strong tushy kicking seizure medication! Yes, hyphens are missing. I-care-not. 

Anyway, I don't know if it's a placebo effect or if I'm actually feeling better, but I'm definitely getting my "Irish" back. May not be a good thing for some! I guess just don't tick me off until further notice. :) 

I also just started the new medication, which will build up over the next few weeks gradually. So side effects could be delayed, or maybe they'll drive on by and miss me altogether. I'm actually looking forward to one side effect: weight loss! This drug is actually also used to help patients lose weight. Finally, a side effect I can use! I'm not depending on it, rather I'm depending on the fact that I feel better so that I can get back to some fitness level. And maybe Oreos and I will break up for awhile. It's not them...it's me...

I still don't have clearance to drive, so that stinks, but having lots of acreage will enable Angel and I to do some walking. Guess I'll have to take my life alert necklace. I'm just kidding...but I do carry a whistle. Fun fact: it doesn't scare snakes at all. 

Survival means being able to find the humor in every situation. Believe me, this wasn't funny in the beginning when all the crazy stuff started, but now that I have at least some grip on it, I can make fun of it. What else is there? Boo hoo? Maybe I'll do that when for once I don't get a side effect I actually want! 

Until then, I will ride this out, find the good, find the funny, and keep my Irish polished and ready. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...