Wednesday, April 2, 2014

LOVE please!!!

Someone special has passed away. He was too young to leave this earth for sure. He loved God with all his heart. He would help anyone who asked. He loved his family. Cherished his friends. He had no idea that his recent hospitalization would lead to his early death. His mother and family is completely heartbroken and shocked. He was a part of the church I attended and served wholeheartedly. 
So, what's more important? To take some time and honor him or continue to bash our president on Facebook? 
I'm just really annoyed today. If our Chrstian priority is LOVE, then spread that, not hate. It really flips my lid.
I spoke with his brother, my friend. What a beautiful tribute he gave of his brother. One thing he said was that people with special needs or disabilities were a gift from God. He was in awe of his brother's bravery through all the invasive testing. And that after each difficult procedure, he said the same thing to each person, " thank you." My heart was filled with love, hearing him speak about the love he felt for his brother. 
So, pardon my rudeness, but it just makes every other complaint seem really small, petty, and useless. Politics especially. I hope you are not offended, but mostly, I hope you take some time to share love on Facebook as well as your opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...