Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Best of Times

Rainy days are good days for reflecting... Not really! Nothing reflects when the sun is hiding! 
Anyway, it's a weird, warm, wet, wondrous day in Wichigan. I mean, Michigan. 
And I am waking up..,little by little... Becoming me again...without help from mood-boosting meds! I have been able to leave the house without them without a problem. I had a houseful of people over on Prom day and took hundreds of pictures by myself. And I survived! 
This could mean a couple of things- one, I am In a "quiet" cycle, and no seizures ( if that's what they are) are happening, or I am responding well to the medicine. Whatever it is, I'm going to take it, because since March 12th, my life was turned upside down and backwards for a long time. I'll take a few good days! 
One thing I know for sure is that I didn't walk those days alone. God was with me each and every scary moment, calming my fears, giving me a firm place to stand, giving me his strength in place of my weakness. He brought me friends in unexpected places! Reassured me through the kindness of strangers who are now friends, gave me grace with each doctor visit and test, provided me with the faithful prayers of righteous people who care. 
Who am I to grumble about a rainy day or any day for that matter? 
God has been with me. It's been the best of times. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh Jami, I love your testimony of God's care and grace for you during the storm. God is with you now too. I hope this is the start of an upswing. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the prom and enjoy life in general. As a person who has good stretches and then flare-ups, I live the good days fully never looking for or waiting for the bad days knowing all of it is in God's plan.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...