Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Little Fun With Names and Numbers

Our first daughter, Natalie always takes her time doing anything. It took us nearly 2 years to conceive her, she was born 2 weeks early, and it took 2 days to finally meet her. It took 2 months before she would actually cry loud enough for us to hear her. Her usual sound was similar to a baby goat-eh, eh, eh.

Serena, on the other hand, is our speedy Gonzales. She was conceived within 2 months, although we expected another 2 year delay. She was born 2 days late, and within 2 hours of reaching the hospital. She walked at 8 months and has been running ever since!

When Natalie was in preschool and Serena and I walked her to class, Serena was always running way ahead of me, and Natalie was meandering way behind. People were often surprised to find I actually had 2 children, because they never saw the 3 of us together! We call it the "Tortoise and the Hare" syndrome. It never fails to this day. Serena is way ahead, and Nat holds up the rear. I'm somewhere in the middle, either running or waiting.

One day, I discovered some very unusual things about my girls' names and birthdates. Don't ask me how I came upon this mysterious information. It just simply came to me while I was writing in Natalie's baby book one day. I just find it fascinating and unique and I love to share it.

When I add Natalie's birth month (Feb) to mine (Sept), it equals Steve's birth month (Nov).
(2+9=11)
okay, so then I add Natalie's birth day (15th) to mine (13th), and it equals Steve's birth day (28).
(15+13=28)
Then, if you add the total of the birth months (11) to the total of the birth days (28), you get (39) and you'll see why that matters now.
Serena's birthday was 12-27. If you add 12+27, you get (39), which is the above total of mine, Steve's and Natalie's numbers. SO cool, I know!!

Okay, moving on. Natalie's name means "Natal day", which, of course refers to Christmas. Serena's due date was Christmas Day! Even weirder, but Serena's name means "serene" or "calm", and that child had colic for 6 months! Natalie has always been our calm one! It's somewhat of a Freaky Friday thing with the names, I guess.

They were both born in the wee hours of a snowy winter morning, Natalie coming in at 2:37am, and Serena at 3:41am. Both were born on weekends too. The only thing that doesn't fit is that Nat was early, and Serena was late. That "Freaky Friday" thing again!

I continue to wonder about the significance of their middle names too.
Natalie's middle name is "Faith", since it took so long to finally get her, and Serena's is "Hope", because we hoped it wouldn't take as long the second time! We now wonder, is there a "Joy" (Love, Charity) in our future? While not physically possible, I still have to wonder anyway, since God has been so amazingly clever with us so far!!

'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...