Sunday, September 7, 2008

Real Beauty Makeover Success!

Capital "K"-udos to all who made the Real Beauty Makeover the huge success it was on Saturday!! Thank you Mary and Tasha for making it all happen. I know you are already reaping the blessings from all of your hard work, and I'm sure there will be more to come! You are more than "rock stars"!!

My daughters and I had a fantastic time, as did my sister and mom. What a great message we heard from Shari Braendel on looking beautiful inside and out! As a mom of 2 girls, I have a huge responsibility to raise them beautifully on the inside. That's no easy task in today's superficial, materialistic world!! My ultimate goal is to remind them daily of God's love for them, and the fact that he created them JUST the way they are and that is more than good enough! Sure, we all want to look nice and wear cute clothes, shoes, and all of that. Nothing is wrong with outer beauty UNLESS you are ugly inside. That tends to show up in a hurry!

The fashion show was so fun and creative. Those teen girls were so confident and self-assured. I looked over at Serena to see her reaction, and she had the biggest smile on her face! She said to me, "mom, my cheeks hurt from smiling!" My girls and a couple of their friends LOVED being able to help out by handing out the goodie bags and telling each lady to have a fun time. They tried on formal gowns, had their hands dipped, their "colors" read, and got "Modest is Hottest" tee shirts. Oh, and by the way, I am a "soft", and therefore cannot wear black around my face. Guess what color I wore Saturday? OOPSY!! Evidently, I look aged in black. Since Shari knows her fashion, I will no longer wear black!! Yard sale anyone??

I felt so blessed to have had the opportunity to take my girls to something like this. I would do it again in a heartbeat, only we'd bring more friends with us!!

Thanks again Tasha and Mary....you are amazing girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...