Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Return of the Chocolate

I know...my blogs have been a little introspective and kind of depressing lately. Well, that's the way life is sometimes!! Up and down like a stinking roller coaster. You get off and throw up. Well, that's the point of my story.
Steve came home from work last week with a few groceries I had asked him to get. Well, I didn't know he picked up a bag of peanut butter m&m's, cherry cordial chocolate kisses, and a bag of hershey's minis. I don't know what that guy was thinking. We got home from church and immediately I smelled chocolate. I looked down and saw a grocery bag and chocolate strewn all over the floor. My dog was nearby, looking a little green around the gills. I panicked, as most of you may know, chocolate is toxic for dogs! I immediately assessed the situation. She didn't get much chocolate as the m&m's were mostly peanut butter. The kisses were mostly cherry filled, and she didn't quite get the bag open on the miniatures, so they were safe. We went on the internet to see what kind of trouble she was in, and it was good news. She hadn't eaten enough to kill herself. Whew! That's all we would have needed with all that was going on at that time.
Anyway, we were getting settled for the night a little later than usual, and it started. The "it" being major chocolate vomiting by the dog. It started around 11:00 pm, and lasted however long it takes to barf 12 times in 3 different rooms. We followed her around with a dustpan, but she wanted us to back off, probably so she could eat it all over again, I don't know. Sorry about that, but it's true. Cleaning it up was quite unpleasant, as I have a very weak stomach. Poor Steve. He always wanted to be a doctor, and he should have been! He can handle vomit like a pro. He's a pretty good dingleberry cutter-offer as well. If you have a long-haired dog, you know what that means.
So, I now know how to kill my craving for chocolate, and it will save me many many pounds of weight gain in the future. If chocolate ever comes into my house again, it will not be sitting in a bag by the back door, I can guarantee that! Oh, and our yard is speckled with pretty bits of bright pink cherry cordial kisses wrappers wherever our dog relieved herself. It's quite sparkly when the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...