Monday, May 18, 2009

Count It All Joy

I'm taking a break between chores to remember my blessings today. I just got off the phone with my dad, so that will be my number one blessing today! Here we go...

1. My dad is still cancer-free, as of his testing today!! Thank you, God. Again!!

2. My parents got Steve and I the wonderful gift of dirt, and we spent the weekend improving our yard. Natalie drove the tractor and Serena rode in the trailer. They shoveled the dirt and brought it to dad, who scooped it into my flowerbed. Happy Mother's Day to me again. (I asked for dirt and a work day, just like my mom used to love)

3. Mom and Dad stopped over yesterday to check out the treehouse and to bring some "treehouse warming" gifts for the girls. We searched for mushrooms around the property, took a nice walk, and no, I'm not telling you if we found mushrooms or not. The treehouse is every kid's dream and mine too!

4. We were sore and tired, but happy last night. We may be out of shape, but our bodies still allow us to do the work we need to do! (but not without consequence!) Thank God for medicine.

5. Serena helped me clean up after dinner last night without being asked. She also remembered to hang up her towel and bring down her clothes after her shower. She was a little put out that I forgot to ask her if she did all those things! She told me "I just want to do the right things". :)Big mommy smile!

6. My dearest friend, Patty. We laughed until our sides hurt this morning. Her oldest is graduating from high school this Thursday evening from Washington West High School in Missouri. He's a tennis champ, chess champ, all A student, volunteers helping children learn to play tennis (including autistic kids), and is just a great all around kid! I am proud of him, but also of Patty, who instilled in him such great values! She's a great mom and my mom mentor! Congratulations Taylor, and Patty and Steve for raising him so well. I enjoy bragging about her kids because she never does it. I am so thankful for our friendship!

7. Natalie told me she never wants to grow up. I can hold on to that just for today, can't I?

Be blessed, my friends, and remember not to let anything drag you down. Not illness, not unfairness, not rudeness, rejection, jealousy, lack of money, lack of whatever....don't let "things" get in the way of your joy!! My joy comes from the Lord, and no one can take that away!!

2 comments:

Shoemaker Family said...

THANK YOU for the smile this morning. Your words are such treasures on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Your words are so inspiring! Thank you girl!
<3 Misty Dawn

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...