Sunday, May 31, 2009

Answered Prayers

Prayer requests are pretty common, our own, and those of the others around us. I think that is such a comfort to have friends, family, and church family that pray for us, and to have that direct line with God ourselves is amazing.

Answered prayers are probably just as prolific as requested ones, and yet sometimes we get so caught up in the requests, we forget the praises!

Here is my most recent praise!

My dad received some disturbing news about the left side of his heart weeks ago. He went for further testing and we waited and waited to get the results. I began praying for those tests to reveal no problems at all, and for his heart to be completely healed. I asked the church to pray, although I didn't give any details. Dad received news yesterday that his most recent test revealed no problems. The doc said, "whatever you're doing, keep doing it!" I know he meant dad being diligent with his heart health, but in my mind, I was hearing, "keep praying!" And that, I will do.

Of course, none of us on earth who were praying can take any of the "credit" for that wonderful result! God is our healer and our protector! We simply bring our requests to him and trust His will. Faith is all we need. HE will do the rest. Regardless of the outcome, whether good or bad, our only hope is to continue to trust in Him for all we need and know that His answer is always the best one. (whether we agree or not)

Keep praying and keep praising, remembering all God is doing in your life and in the lives around you. He is amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...