Friday, May 15, 2009

Too Blessed To Be Stressed

Here they are, count 'em up...my 5 blessings (and I do have more!) of today....hope you'll join me in counting all the good things in your life!


1. In a few hours, I will have 15 yards of dirt dumped in my front yard. I am so excited I can't even begin to tell you. I will be so filthy and so happy this weekend!!

2. Serena and I had a little mother daughter talk at A & W yesterday, in which we came up with some ways to be a better friend and to stop letting people "drive our bus". :)

3. Natalie is honkin' away on her sax, and that girl is a natural music lover. When she's not singing, she's playing piano, listening to her i-pod or jammin' on the rock band set. I am so blessed to have a fellow music lover in my midst!!

4. Steve and I have so much fun together just doing nothing. He loves my crazy dancing, made up song lyrics, and my impersonations. No one else really gets that about me!

5. My parents are tuned in, constant supporters, who encourage us daily. Their food blows us away, and they are wonderful grandparents!

6. See, I told you I can't stick to just 5. I have some great friends!! They know who they are because I tell them I appreciate them as much as possible.

God is good! Although it may seem like everything is going wrong, just wait 5 minutes, or shall I say, "wait 5 blessings" and it will change! Yesterday I was dealt some irksome things, but I kept my eyes on the big picture and what God is trying to teach me. I spent no time at all bemoaning those things, and I could really tell by the end of the day that I made the right choice in doing that. Choose peace whenever you can and the result will be just that--Peace!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. My little brother had a emergency appendectomy but he is doing fine.

2. My husbands job is very secure at this time.

3. All the trees are so very pretty this time of the year

4. I have some very, very good friends in my life

5. Even though I would like to lose some weight, I really appreciate what my body does for me on a daily basis

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...