Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Revolutions

I don't make "resolutions" for the new year. That's just crazy! So, I decided each year needs to have a "revolution" of some kind. Whether it's a big big change for the good, or maybe I'll just spin around til I get dizzy and fall over! How fun, right? And there you are again, wishing to be a fly on my wall...

I'm starting with some technology goals here. I still can't get my laptop to stop acting like a dimwitted old Apple from the 80's. I think it just tries to find ways to tick me off! Like deleting everything I just wrote and then flashing me. No, I don't want to see your cookies, buddy!

Along the same lines of technology, I can't stand not being able to post my pictures here anymore. For some unknown reason, I go through the whole process like I did before I got the laptop, and nothing happens. Well, except for the fact that my laptop gets an earful of not very nice descriptions of what I want to do to it. That was such a bad line of english grammar, but when one is annoyed, one doesn't really care!

So, I have probably thousands of unprinted pictures since getting my Nikon 2, count 'em 2 years ago! One reason is that trying to send them anywhere by dial up not only makes my laptop laugh, but it makes me cry!! Too much emotion. The other thousand reasons is that by now, I could buy enough prints to wallpaper every building in a large city. I'm just way too intimidated now. So, I print a few pictures on my printer when I need them, and keep my hard copies safe for now. Can you say p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o-n?? Can you say cha-ching??

And for some weird reason, I keep seeing us packing and moving! Now, that would be a huge revolution for us. It's not unheard of, but we just never thought it would happen. I feel a restlessness around here, almost as if it's time to make a change. Guess I'd better tell the mister, maybe it's just that he needs to build us an addition. Tee Hee.

And perhaps (don't you just feel all "julie andrews" when you say that word?) another revolution around here will be the turning of the 12 year old into a teen in February! When did I become some teenager's mother anyway? Aren't I still in high school? Well, I sure look like it. Stop laughing. Is that you or my laptop?

My life sure does revolve around my family, so maybe my new year's "revolutions" will be the same as they always are....raising these girls, taking care of this hubby, hopefully taking care of my fluffy bottomed pooch, and maybe, just maybe turning a page of my own.

Happy spinning, my friends. Hope you land in a great spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...