Thursday, January 20, 2011

Neighborhood Blessings

I'm back at it...posting my blessings on a regular basis! Here are just a few:

1. The Lindor truffles my husband leaves me by the coffee pot each morning. I so look forward to my chocolate every day. What a pick-me-up!

2. Two new tires on my van. On the day we had awful roads in the morning, I slipped, slid, and even got stuck just trying to get the kids to school and back. Now I can zip out and barrel through anything! What a relief!

3. The conversation I had with my mom this morning. When I told her about feeling like baking soda and being attacked with doses of vinegar, she said, "that's a great analogy, but remember, that combination goes flat in a hurry! The bubbling up doesn't last long at all!" So wise and aptly spoken.

4. Sophie may be a handful for me to take care of, but I look forward to cuddling with her on the floor every day. I look into her little cataract-filled eyes, rub her fluffy face and tell her how much I love her. Who knows how much time she has left, but I've had her for 15 years. That's a blessing. Pee and poo cleanup? Not so much. :(

5. My brother is moving into his new apartment this week. He has been sober since May! They have recently discovered some serious medical issues that will send him to Ann Arbor, BUT, he is doing what he needs to do to get healthy. That is a blessing I never thought would be! He needs lots of prayer if anyone feels inclined. (thank you in advance)

6. Natalie only got to play for a few short minutes at her game last night. She was okay with it, after all, she had to miss practice for a dr. appointment on Tuesday. The good news was we beat Sacred Heart!

7. I got to have dinner with my hubby alone last night! We nearly had the small pizza place to ourselves, and it was nice to catch up. He knows I've been hurting, and has done nothing but be supportive. Add that to a warm goey calzone, and who could be upset, right?

8. I have discovered that by clearing out some stuff in the basement, I have quite a nice walking track down there! When I'm stressed, I do some time on the elliptical while watching TV, then I walk/jog around the basement. When I'm done,I feel refreshed and positive.

9. Did anyone see that beautiful sky this morning?? I was so mesmerized that I actually sang out in the car to my girls, "God, you light up the sky cuz you're so cool...no one else can do it, God, you rule!!" I did it in a rap fashion, which I thought was great! Natalie said, yeah, we might play that at youth group sometime! It was pink, gold, and orange with this steamy looking white cloudishness surrounding it. Wow!

10. My family will all be together tonight. Nat gets done with practice at 5, and then we will be able to sit down and have dinner together! It is a rarity while the girls are in sports, but we really appreciate being able to spend that special time together. It blesses me to not be running all over the place too!

I was only going to post 5 blessings, but it's clear that I have way more than 10. Praise the Lord for reminding me that I have great blessings to focus on each day because of HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...